Thursday 28 June 2012

Penalites and pink shirts...

Now that Euro 2012 is virtually over and England have made their obligatory exit from the tournament via the usual penalty shoot out, I thought I would share my desperate attempts to get the girls interested and enjoy the footy with me. I am afraid I failed and gave up, but I thought I would share some of the comments made along the way:
  • Lucy - 'Daddy, when they dive do they need a rest afterwards?'
  • Anna - in talking about the referee 'Why does the man in black not do anything, he is very lazy!'
  • Anna - 'I think they should have 22 goalkeepers'
  • Lucy - 'It would be great if they all wore pink'
  • Anna - cheering 'Yea!' to every kick of the game in sarcastic excitement.
Good to see my children share my passions and are willing to go that extra mile for their dad and make an effort. That's the last time I tokenistically state say I like Moshi Monsters. How do you like them apples, girls?

No comments: