Sunday 12 August 2012

All good things must come to an end....


My quality time with my family has come to an end. We got back to Norfolk yesterday after an amazing family holiday in Cornwall and I now have to role my sleeves up and go back to work in the morning. I will take away with me so many lovely memories of the last two weeks: taking Wiggle on her first roller coaster and log flume and the shear giggles of delight as she sat next to me; delicious cream teas; the day on the beach at Sennon Cove and the walk I had with Lucy hand in hand, just the two of us, talking about nothing much is very special to me. 

The collective family Hammond's addiction to two pence slot machines, candy floss and Cornish ice cream. Collecting shells and treasure on the beach with Lucy and the appalling sand castles we made! I would not say we had that much skill but it was fun! Pizza Express in St Ives with the amazing and stunning view of the harbour - we became regulars by the time we went home! The way watching my girls play on the beach makes me simply breathless - the wonderful innocence of their childhood...

Anna's need to try out every beach in Cornwall naked and her great one liners such as "Now that's a real digger!"; teaching the girls how to play pool; Lucy's desperate attempts to survive two weeks without Sky television and the way she almost cuddled the remote control when she got back yesterday, and last but not least some precious time with my beautiful and very expensive wife. I know one thing: all three of my girls have definitely emptied my wallet in the last two weeks. Till the next holiday my lovely family...

No comments: