Tuesday 7 August 2012

Simply doing holiday things...

I have to say we like digging holes, us Hammonds. Where there is a beach, armed with a bucket and spade we will dig the biggest hole we can and with a backdrop like the one pictured, you can't help but enjoy the experience. Holidays suit us as a family too. We love staying in bed late, drinking way too much lemonade and eating way too much ice cream. Why stop when we are so good at it?!  I really enjoyed doing the history quiz with Lucy in the castle at St Michael's Mount. We got full marks and won a badge! Sadly, only a few more days before we have to go home and today has been washed out with the rain, so we had to make do with the water slides at the park. The red one is red for a reason and indicates severe danger. Amy and I both tried this heart attack inducing slide and both came off a nervous wreck! Not for the faint hearted and I have to say we took our duties as a parent to the extreme in testing this out before deciding if Lucy could have a go. Amy went first and I thought she was exaggerating, how wrong I was!

No comments: