Saturday 6 October 2012

Missing my crew...

It has been six days seen I have seen my family and I have to say I am feeling glum. Away for work all week and then not seeing them yet as they have gone away for the weekend ; I just could not face the drive to Surrey having driven half way across the country all week to join up with them. To say I am looking forward to seeing them tomorrow would be an understatement! I know I keep going on about it and I must be boring any reader senseless but spending so much time away from home and not seeing my family is proving very tough indeed. At the moment it is my life and my lot.

Fleeting phone calls at the end of the day when the girls are tired just make me feel more glum as each days goes on. Anna has perfected the art of grunting at me and Lucy is struggling with me being away and very quiet when I ring. I have plenty to distract me whilst I am away but Amy and the girls are never far from my thoughts. A career is important but so is my family. I reflect every day on whether I have done the right thing in taking on a bigger job and I never come up with the an answer. Being a good husband and being the best dad I can be are so important to me, but how can I be if I am hundreds of miles away?
 
Three lovely weeks to look forward to though with less travel coming up, Amy and Lucy's birthday  week and time off at the end of the month for good behaviour though..


No comments: