Saturday 13 October 2012

The one with the sleepover, building bears and the ipad!

It has been an exhausting yet pleasurable twenty four hours as we have entertained Lucy's friends for an early birthday sleep over. The prospect of a house full of children filled me with fear and dread, but they were delightful if slightly noisy and excitable! 
Today has been full of new experiences: the highly enjoyable (sarcasm) session of the 'build a bear' workshop. The creators knew what they were doing. You go to the shop, choose a bear, dress them up and then the parents part with lots of money. Today we created 'Buzz' bear and 'Spot' bear for a tidy sum! Not to be undone, we bought Mrs Hammond's birthday present early and ventured into the ipad shop. I have to say I was in awe as all four girls sat down at a table and with no instruction what so ever started playing. The world has moved on so much since I was a child. I remember the first computer I got when I was an adult and I simply did not know what to do with it. Anna - who is four, turned on the ipad and got going. She puts me to shame! Quote of the day: ,Anna  - 'Mummy how old will you be next week?' Amy - 'thirty six'. Anna - 'Wow - that is a lot of money!'

No comments: