Saturday 16 February 2013

Traditions that warm the soul...

Each year we head off for a walk in the Abbey grounds with our neighbours for the annual tradition that is the snow drop walk and it quite simply warms my soul. I look forward to it every year. It is a lovely place that has special meaning for me in Walsingham, made more beautiful by the flowers and the company! I am afraid poo sticks was out this year due to excessive floating debris in the water. Anna practised the art of comedy falling over, Ben and I searched for trees to discreetly have a pee behind with hundreds of people about and Lucy took notes on the history of the Abbey with her newly purchased note book and pen. Amy found a stranger (who happened to be another teacher) to chat with leaving Libby and I gracefully bringing up the rear metaphorically spending money in our heads as we chatted. As a creature of habit this was just what I needed for the first day of my holidays...

1 comment:

Ajamesa said...

Do u pop for a look at the old house in Walsingham Bob? Sounds a lovely walk. Hard to find those in the concrete Jungle.