Monday 22 April 2013

Parting is always the hardest thing to cope with....

Not in my house it isn't! Feeling a bit melancholy at the tea table this evening, I declared to Amy and the girls how sad I was that this would be the last time we would be together this week as I am off my travels in the morning till Friday. I am now about to go into a completely sarcastic rant based on the reaction I got from my beloved family! There were no tears, no long faces and no recognition that I had even opened my mouth. Anna simply carried on spreading the chocolate cheese on her rice cake and pottering away, Lucy continued to dunk her sausages in her ketchup and Amy just wasn't listening to me as usual. Unperturbed by this I went for another go to see if I could gain any emotional reaction from my family at our parting. Once again nothing. So, with a heavy heart I tried once more and was greeted by a barrage of sarcastic laughing, fake crying and wailing. I tell you, the women in my life are complicated. You make this sacrifice and work away from home to give them everything they need and this is the thanks you get. Well bloody charming! 'You'll miss me when I am gone', I ranted. Amy's simple reply was - 'are you going somewhere then?' AHHHHHH!!

No comments: