Sunday 28 April 2013

The process of decision making in my house seems a little biased!

All of mankind would have been proud of me. I put up quite a fight and battled to the end! This morning, having been involved by my family in the complex minefield which is decision making in my house and the need with all the women in my life, to please everybody accept myself. When given the loaded statement 'Daddy you decide what we are going to do today' I feel I made what can only be considered as a medal worthy attempt in balancing the different agendas and motives blatantly laid on the table by Amy and the girls and came out with the compromise that we would do what they all wanted because it simply makes life easier! So with the popular consensus clearly indicated we went swimming and I shelved my plans for work and gardening. I tell you, I took it close to the wire and with much cunning could have won. I backed off, simply as I felt I would need my moral high ground for something far more important at a later date and there will be many other days such as this in the Hammond house! It's a good job I am made of stern stuff!
Update on something we are not backing down on: the not eating in the living room is having the desired affect and Lucy is snacking considerably less and the routine is becoming habitual. I am really pleased and declare publicly a 'you were right Mrs Hammond!' I am delighted how much enthusiasm Lucy has for her gymnastics (pictured here off to the gym with mummy) and swimming (not quite as much) and I hope this helps her to have a more healthy lifestyle in the coming months and years. She has even lost a few pounds. Well done Looby chick!

No comments: