Sunday 19 May 2013

Remember - as far as anybody knows we are a nice normal family!

The above has now been adopted as our family motto and I must say we did a damn good impression of a normal family this weekend and it is a good place to start in describing my first work free time with Amy and the girls. It has been full of fun, silliness, much fighting (there have been some classic ones - when both declared that they never wanted to see each other again or share a room ever again complete with dramatized over accentuated language or Lucy - 'Anna, for goodness sake go to bed, I have tests this week'), quality time together and much ice cream. I spent Saturday with the girls in Wells prating around in play land followed up by fish and chips on the key whilst Amy had a shopping day with a friend. I loved being a Dad again completely uninterrupted and the forty minutes or so we spent on the zip wire felt like hours and it was so much fun! Anna just kept saying 'faster, faster, faster!' Giggling so much that she trumped. Mind you Anna has trumped her way around Norfolk in the last two days.! I have been going on about it for years - the simple things are the ones that stick in your memory as a parent. Two more days to go at work and then I have a few weeks off to enjoy being a Dad more and more again without interruption. Family life does indeed feel good...

No comments: