Monday 13 May 2013

The end of weekday dad!

Work life balance has been extremely tough of late. For example last week I did not get to speak to Anna for four days. After nearly two years of working away from home and the real concern the mythical 'weekday' dad that I joke about with Amy and the girls was leading them astray: I am pleased that the company I work for has offered me a different role and I will be able to focus a great deal more on my family in the coming months and moving forwards. As you can see I have wasted no time in reasserting myself and masking sure Mrs Hammond attends to her expected domestic duties! In all seriousness, I could not be happier. I am having a couple of weeks off to relax and despite my new role involving a great deal of hard work can't wait to spend some quality time with my family. My career is important, but of late I have felt distanced from home and the girls and I look forward to reaffirming the love and the bond I have with them all. Happy days! 

No comments: