Sunday 23 March 2014

I am slightly worried what may be said if I leave my eulogy in the hands of my family....

Not that I am planning on going anywhere just yet but I am concerned about what the girls might say about me should the worse happen and I leave this mortal coil. On Friday I went to a memorial service (Libby's dad) and heard the most wonderful eulogy that contained so much love and genuine quirks and stories about him and I made the stupid mistake of coming home and talking to the girls about this. How naïve could I have been! Having explained what a eulogy was, the best the girls could come up with to describe me was hard working, grumpy, a good dad (sometimes!) and a bit chunky like a sumo wrestler! I really should not have asked. Lucy did, after much pushing, come up with the fact that I give a good cuddle, so there was some consolation. I suppose I was hoping they would come up with handsome, kind, caring, generous and intelligent - one can live in hope!

No comments: