Monday 26 May 2014

The season of ice cream returns!!

After a massive family row, mainly due to excessive child rudeness   - we row a great deal and usually I get the blame! It would be safe to say that there are occasions when the family Hammond can't live with each other and can't live without each other, take your pick on any given day. Having all calmed down, we headed off to sunny Cromer for a day out. We were so fortunate that it appears that Cromer was the only place in Britain with sunshine! This is where Lucy and I discovered the ultimate seaside ice cream, a 'Mr Whippy' dipped in chocolate - oh my god - that has to be the tastiest thing I have ever eaten! Amy and Anna explored the top of the church going all the way to the top of the tower, we built the first sand castle of the year, had the first paddle and Anna made her first naked appearance in public for 2014 - don't ask!. All in all a good day. We are, however, having a real struggle with both the girls and the way they speak to us both, in particular me. It is such a shame as they are capable of so much more and I am not sure as yet why this is happening. Perhaps they are still adjusting to me being at home after all that time away...

No comments: