Tuesday 3 June 2014

Half term flies by....

With the girls now back to school, Amy at work and Lucy preparing for her tests this week, I wanted to take some time to reflect on a my first experience of a work free week half term with my family. No exaggeration, this is the first full half term I have spent with them since the girls were born! In short, it is defiantly an experience I wish to repeat, despite the miserable weather most of the week and the odd row. Each day filled with fun and giggles, many amazing meals, a day out with the Ertan girls and their mummy, a marathon game of Monopoly won by Anna in which the grown ups in the Hammond house did not cover themselves in glory, a film day at the cinema and home - three films back to back including 'Rio 2'; all finished off with roast pork in the yard with grandma, Auntie Joan and Libby and Ben on the last day. I am worn out though as entertaining two children is really hard work! Look forward to October half term now, remembering this could be the most expensive calendar week with two birthdays in the house and Libby's as well. Better get planning and saving now....

No comments: