Monday 9 June 2014

It's not in the budget!

I really do not know how they pull it off, but only my children could pose for a photo with a chip in their mouths, mischievously muck around and still look beautiful. This is in my eyes of course and my opinion will never waver. The sun was out yesterday, well for most of the day and we did what the Hammond's do best. A delightful Sunday lunch in the garden with Libby and Ben followed up by a pint at the Sculthorpe Mill in the sunshine to end the weekend. This weekend has seen new bikes all round as the girls have already grown out of their last ones, reluctantly purchased to my cries of 'it's not in the budget' and blatantly ignored by Mrs Hammond as usual! Anna did a sterling job of helping her dad recoup some of the lost funds by doing a car boot sale in the morning and even managed to get extra money from passers by without selling anything. 'Its because I am cute dad', she confidently told me. You may be right Anna, but I am not sure this should be a permanent tactic or method of raising funds. I would much prefer you work and study hard first please! Lucy has more tests this week at school so fingers crossed for positive progression and results....

No comments: