Sunday 27 July 2014

So much more than a picnic!!

Today has been the most memorable and lovely day. Set in the Abbey Grounds in Walsingham, one of my most treasured places on the planet, I celebrated my birthday early before we went on holiday for my 'not a fortieth birthday picnic'. Amy worked so hard in organising it and I feel very humbled by the collection of family, very old friends, new friends and special neighbours that came to help me celebrate. I had so many unexpected gifts and I can't thank people enough that you went to this trouble for me. The day was done at a Hammond pace of life which is gentle and mild, as life should be! The most wonderful part of the day was watching all the children play in the sunshine and the river and has given me memories of my 'big' birthday I will treasure for ever. Oh and the food was delicious, sorry Mrs Hammond but I am afraid your sister wins 'food of the day' with the chocolate brownies. Pictured is Kate, my oldest friend by a country mile, but Mrs Hammond you are my dearest friend and always will be. After all, so far we have nearly spent half of my life together and you have already given me so much in our wonderful children. Now you can add a very special birthday picnic to your list of many accolades! I will let you recover for at least a decade before we contemplate another party of any ilk though, I promise. We are all shattered now and need a holiday to recover, only two more sleeps to go.

No comments: