Saturday 26 July 2014

Very proud hubby...

Amy has worked so hard in recent years to get fit with endless sessions at the gym, cycling and running and I could not be more proud of her; in fact she completely shows me up for the unfit 'nearly' forty year old I am! On Tuesday, she ran the 'Race for Life' and raised money for cancer research. It was fantastic to be able to be home and take the girls to support her, even though it was freezing cold for July! It was, in fact an emotional evening, with one girl competing who was the same age as Lucy and lost her mum last week. A very brave little girl and truly inspiring. All those messages on the backs of the women running and dedicating their time to a loved one was very sobering. As I approach the big forty, I find my thoughts turning towards Auntie Doris, who we lost so many years ago now to cancer. I wonder what she would make of how I am doing now, my lovely family and whether she would be proud of me and my girls. When she was unwell and in hospital I was just starting to turn my life around having not been in a good place for quite a few years at the end of my teenage years and early twenties. I would love her to have met the girls. I think she would have adored them. Thanks Amy for raising that money, I am very proud of you. x

No comments: