Wednesday 20 August 2014

The Majorcan girls have settled back in!

We have been back home for a week now and the girls are well and truly back into the swing of things and quietly enjoying their summer holidays (not sure that the weather realises it is summer - it is the coldest August on record for a hundred years). It has been a little difficult to wind them down from holiday mode and the expectation of extra treats and a meal out every day, but this seems to have been finally tempered. They have had friends over, back into their new and upgraded swimming groups (once again very proud dad), gym and football starts again on Saturday, hit the cinema today and Lucy is already making a play for a new pencil case and stationary for the new school year! What has really impressed me is that they have both taken up the reading challenge from the library (with a little assertive persuasion from Mrs Hammond) to read six books before they go back to school and both have knocked off two each. Well done girls! We do have one emerging problem, as I start working from home, it is proving very difficult to do so and I can't ask my family to go out every day. The girls have been very good but they can be very noisy and I have set myself up for a fall by always making myself as accessible as I can when I am at home, as this time was infrequent. Not sure how we will solve this one just yet? I have to say, I do so love being a part of their day, every day though.  For example the silly song we sang and bum nudging complete with giggles this evening are special moments I cherish. The ladies in my life are not known for their compromise, so it looks like eventually I will need to seek pastures new when the business builds up. Did I not mention? I am going it alone and have set up my own consultancy business. I have my first client and onward and upwards. Scary but exciting times...

No comments: