Wednesday 10 September 2014

Building increased values...

Most of the time my girls are pretty good kids, they do have their moments of completely satanic behaviour (as you have probably read on occasion) but in the last few weeks I have decided there is one value where a great deal of work still needs to be done to bring them up to scratch! This is learning the value of money and appreciation of what they have. It's mainly my fault as I have spoilt them rotten over the years and I need to back track and fast! Starting about ten days ago, the girls now have to earn their pocket money through doing house work, good behaviour and working hard at school. They are required to save half of what they earn each week in their piggy banks for half term and are free to spend the rest on what they want. So far, I would say Anna had embraced this new family system more than Lucy - taking on a few more jobs to earn as much cash as she can including a marathon five hour garden session last Saturday. Lucy, has yet to grasp the connection between putting the effort in and getting what she wants - it will come! The girls hit a blip this week as behaviour was so poor on Tuesday night, that I have put a stop on their ability to earn any more cash this week and all jobs have to be done for free until Friday. Call this the 'Hammond Big Society!' I am learning day by day, as I spend more time with the girls, to hold my ground and continue to follow things through and I am afraid girls I am very determined in these circumstances, so no going back...

No comments: