Saturday 20 September 2014

Simple little things make my day...

I have had a wonderful week in the girls company doing simple every day things with them that have given me so much pleasure. Walking them to school and seeing them off for their day, spotting spiders webs with Anna on the way, picking them up and hearing about their day, watching Toy Story 2 with them and listening to their giggles.  Tucking them in at night each night has been a real highlight, washing up with Lucy and chatting about history and her Anglo Saxon projects at school and watching Anna's footy today complete with her comedy own goal when she forget which end she was shooting at! My favourite part of the week was doing homework with Lucy on Tuesday evening where she was enthusiastic, worked hard and got real joy out of learning and her reading was excellent. Homework can often be am emotional battle and struggle when she is tired, but this went smooth and by the numbers. Lovely, simple moments and uncomplicated parts of life that stay with you. Lucy stayed over a friends last night and I missed her terribly having not spent a night away from any of my crew in months. It was great to hear about the fun time she had and good to see her smile when she saw me...

No comments: