Wednesday 1 October 2014

The curious dream of Mrs Berrywish.....

Anna is known for the unusual and eccentric (demonstrated by the attached picture, covered in shaving foam) and there are some days I am really not sure what planet she is on. A couple of days ago I popped into her room to check on her late in the evening and she uttered some interesting and intriguing words: 'Come on Mrs Berrywish, you are very warm'. When I spoke with her in the morning she was not able to identify this mysterious character, her origin or remember any of the her dream. It did however prompt, a very quirky conversation between the girls and I about what Mrs Berrywish got up to in her day to day life. Suggestions for a story would be most welcome as we could have a children's best seller on our hands! Move over Enid Blyton! I might starting working on it on the quiet in the coming weeks. I have been so busy of late, building up the new business that blogging has sadly taken a back seat. Coupled with a thoroughly enjoyable and more prominent role in the girls lives, I am loving every minute of family life whilst being at home. I had a wonderful bit of quality time with Lucy, when she agreed to help me do a car boot sale on Sunday morning, ok - there was an exchange in cash involved and a very early morning get up, but we spent the morning drinking tea, eating bacon butties and chatting. I am looking forward to tomorrow as Lucy takes her Brownies 'promise' and baring disaster I can commit to telling her I can attend. It means a great deal to me to be in control of my own family destiny. I often found myself, not intentionally breaking promises to the girls as work and the responsibility of my role got the better of me. Not any more and it delights me I can be true to my word. I want the girls to believe in me as they grow up. I am growing in parental confidence and continue to reinforce the 'earn your pocket money' programme with real commitment and focus and have been unwavering in its application. Both girls seem to be emerging from the fog and finally getting it! Really learning that consistent hard work in parenting can have an impact..

No comments: