Friday 28 November 2014

If only their mother helped them get ready every day...

Amy has skills that I can never posses such as helping Lucy with intricate and girlie hairstyles, ponytails, painting nails and all things girls love to have done to feel pampered and good about themselves. As we have slightly swapped roles in the morning and I am getting the girls ready on many occasions for school, there was a marked difference in how they looked when Amy got them ready before heading onto work this week. I am perfecting the art of the 'dishevelled' and 'hobo' look for them both, with struggles to get through the simple process of brushing tangled and thick hair, coupled with the fact I can't iron for toffee. I really hope that nobody calls social services, due to how the girls are presented on days I get them ready in thinking they come from a deprived and neglected background! Thank heavens for the simplicity of Anna's - I 'don't want to be girlie' look. It rescues me and covers up my glaring parental weaknesses! On a different note it has been a bit like Crufts in our house this week with barking coughs, ear ache and head colds, as we crawl slowly towards the finish line of the end of term and the bounty and rewards the Christmas holidays have to offer. Well done my three tired girls and keep going xx

No comments: