Thursday 4 December 2014

Coughing, spluttering and crawling our way towards Christmas...

Repeat after me - 'I am a bad dad! I am a bad dad!' Anna has been developing and homing her skills in the art of hypochondria this week - or so I thought. Having pushed, gently cajoled and nudged her to go to school every day whilst counselling her to be positive even if she is not feeling that bright. It turns out I could not have been more wrong as her face swelled today, due to an infection in her mouth. Off we go to see the bionic nurse Ruth, a prescription for antibiotics handed over and Anna politely giving me a 'I told you so'. I am feeling more than a bit guilty! There is a lesson for Anna here though, something about the 'boy who cried Wolf'? Amy has a stinking cold in her first week of her new job, Lucy has a dodgy ankle and a barking cough; so all in all the ladies of the Hammond house are not faring very well in the run up to Christmas. Amy and I were talking, I think Anna is slightly struggling with Amy teaching at her school and this has brought the need for her mothers attention through 'being unwell'. Only problem is, she became quite poorly for real.  I, on the other hand am fighting fit for a change and very excited with Christmas around the corner and a secret trip to the Harry Potter Studio's for the girls to enjoy (and me!) I am sorry Wiggle. Get well soon x

No comments: