Friday 19 December 2014

They made it to the end of term!

I am so proud of my girls this week. Despite clearly being extremely tired at the end of term they have kept going and going and always put the effort in. One of the downsides of the run in to Christmas is the constant events such as plays, parties and fundraising days at school, that put real pressure on any family at an already busy time. You have to tackle it like a military operation just to survive! Add to this the high expectations we have that they continue to go to club, swimming, brownies, Gymnastics and football - they do so with barely a whimper or complaint. Really noteworthy is Lucy's 100% attendance at school again for the whole of this term and achieving her 400 metres swimming certificate. When I was her age I could barely swim a length, but that is another story. I also had the opportunity to go and see Anna's school Christmas production and it was a privilege. I smiled my way all the way through it! It is the first time I have been able to see Anna in any of her Christmas plays or concerts since she was born. A colleague who lost her son several years ago and I were talking this week, if anybody is qualified to tell me this, it is her. She told me to 'enjoy every minute of my girls as you never know when it could end.' I will think of her this Christmas Day as I enjoy my family and give thanks for all I have.

No comments: