Tuesday 3 March 2015

The task of bringing up a brood can be a challenging one!

They may well look angelic, but sometimes they definitely are not! They may well be wonderfully polite, well mannered, compliant, listen and hard working at school (this confirmed in Lucy  behaviour report and parents evening this week - well done!), but at home I could tell you a different story! Every conversation in the last week or so with both the girls is a challenge and endless battle. They are argumentative, belligerent, stubborn and have an answer for everything. Arghhh! I know, I know. Sounds like somebody you may know in me and it is probably learned behaviour, but at least I understand when to tow the line on the odd occasion (well sometimes). The girls can only be described as relentless in their pursuit of getting their own way, spinning a set of circumstances to their perceived advantage and winding me up something rotten! I am afraid, at present I don't have any answers to this other than to keep going and try to teach them the right way to behave. I could find reasons or explanations such as they are tired, they have long days, we ask a great deal of them, the list could be very expansive. The way I feel at the moment, I don't subscribe to any of these excuses, blame myself and quite simply wish to throttle them both! A good night's sleep will help and prepare me for battle in the morning..

No comments: