Thursday 2 April 2015

Seperation anxiety - never us!

This weekend Amy and I spent four wonderful days in Paris - grown up time! This was a really big thing for us all as a family, the girls in particular are not used to us being away for such a length of time as a couple and a new experience for them both. I am not making us out to be parents of the year, but a great deal of our daily lives and focus goes into working and into helping, entertaining and ensuring the girls have all they need and grow up with opportunity. Amy and I are not good at finding time for each other and remembering we are a married couple as well as parents. In the busy life we all lead, I think we all need to take a step back and selfishly say 'I simply need time to myself away from my kids'. A big thank you needs to go out to Granny and Grandpa for making this possible and caring for and looking after the girls whilst we were away. Its one big favour we owe you and I hope you enjoyed our girls company as much as we do. They have their faults, but they are great fun to spend time with, affectionate and real characters. We did miss them and fell into the trap of talking about them lots whilst we were away, but I know Amy in particular loved Skyping them and reading them bed time stories each night. I am used to being away and separated from my family. Amy and I had a lovely time and it reminded me of the solid foundations are marriage is based on, despite some really testing and stressful times in the last few years. I did also discover that even with technology and a map, that Amy has a worse sense of direction than me, which is truly saying something! I have to say, that despite a couple of rows on the last day, as my tolerance for shopping wavered and my back hurt; as much as I love the girls, I would love to plan some more grown up time with Mrs Hammond in the future, as it was a special weekend. x

No comments: