Sunday 21 June 2015

Family weekends to make your heart skip!

Life has changed significantly in the last year - being self employed has given me boundless choices and I choose spending time with my family (apart from the odd coffee in the bistro and home games at Carrow Road - at least I am honest!) I have a warm glow inside after a fabulous weekend with Amy and the girls. A shop till you drop trip to Norwich yesterday and a scouting/purchase mission for Wiggle's birthday. Especially enjoyed the smash and grab raid on the 'Canaries' store. This morning I was woken and cooked pancakes by Lucy, then off we trotted to West Runton for another family fossil hunting expedition. I have to say it got quite competitive in seeing who could find the most belemnites - collective family hoard was around twenty.  In a brisk June ,the beach was beautiful, the cliffs covered in poppies and I sat in the sunshine with my homemade (by Lucy) Pesto, Mozzarella and Tomato Panini and admired the view! Finishing off the trip with an hour or so rock pooling - it doesn't get any better than that! Then home for scones with Libby in her yard and followed by a fabulous roast beef dinner with Granny and Grandpa. Now that's what you call a Father's day, I feel thoroughly spoilt and I love my hammock stand. Thank you girls. Many an hour will be wiled away in that this summer....

No comments: