Monday 15 June 2015

Weekends were made for grafting!

The girls definitely prefer leisurely pursuits at the weekend after a long week at school that usually involves having fun, eating and watching television. I had other ideas and decided they should graft for their supper. I gave them no choice and implemented the 'declutter the Hammond house' project in clearing all their rubbish, unused toys and general mess from their bedrooms. Lucy's took nearly five hours to complete! We now have a really good stash to make some money on a car boot sale in the next couple of weeks and  am sure they will buy more clutter with the proceeds (Grrr!). Mrs Hammond decluttered the cupboard under the stairs and the games cupboard (there was a motive behind this in swiping extra resources for her classroom - Mrs Hammond is not normally this domesticated) and I even managed to clear out the garage too. Feeling quite smug and happy with myself, I have now realised the task is yet to be completed and we missed one of Anna's drawers. God knows what's in there and knowing my luck it will probably turn out to be Fakenham's answer to Narnia!

No comments: