Monday 10 August 2015

I really quite like camping!

I never thought I would hear myself say the above phrase, but for the most part I could get used to the outdoor life. Well apart from the sleeping arrangements when Anna decide to whack me all night and the constantly wet feet, but apart from that! Amy, I and the girls have been away for a week camping near the broads; hence no access to a laptop with Wi-Fi and no blog recently completed. I am back now and in the land of technology. It has been a cracking couple of weeks in the glorious Norfolk sunshine with my family. I celebrated my birthday with lunch out and scones in the garden, in the good company of Libby and Ben. I have to say we have not stopped for days with the girls until today and the result is a mass slump exhausted in front of the television. We filled the week with much swimming, a trip to Pleasurewood Hills with my two rollercoaster buddies (Amy once again doing a sterling job as 'official bag carrier' - poor thing - I think that might be the last time she agrees to go), walks down to the pub, more swimming, a trip to Yarmouth and Wroxham Barns and lots of sausages and bacon!
 
My favourite bit was a giant family cuddle in the tent watching a movie late into the night! Anna celebrated the beginning of the new football season with a temporary 'canaries' tattoo at a classy establishment in Yarmouth - that's my girl! Lucy and Amy honoured their now yearly tradition of having a hair braid and I drank lots of tea and even found time to read a book. It was quality time with Amy and the girls and I am now fully relaxed and recharged ready to go into work mode again. I would prefer another couple of weeks but I shouldn't complain, it has been fun...

No comments: