Friday 15 April 2016

I have to deal with so many different looks!

I am getting quite skilled if I don't mind saying so at dealing with and reading the female looks, facial expressions and cues in the Hammond house after all these years of practice. The lovely ladies in my life regularly express themselves in silent and deadly fashion. The looks can mean all manner of things and even the dog is developing a repertoire! There are 'death' stares that usually express disgust or anger at me, the 'slightly feral' stare (mainly an Anna gold star expression), the 'please can I have some money' stare, the long and lingering 'please can I have some serious cash' stare (usually practiced by Amy) and the most effective puppy dog eyes on the planet, that are Lucy's favourite weapon and one I often declare defeat to. I think I am skilled, but in reality I am probably doomed and we have not even got to the teenage years yet!

No comments: