Sunday 1 May 2016

A right posh walk!

The bank holiday weekend sunshine finally came out and off we popped to Holkham Hall for a walk around the lake with the dogs, the worlds most expensive cup of tea and cake and some adventure time on the playground. A lovely afternoon, but it all felt a little bit middle class as I observed the range of highly expensive cars in the car park! Needless to say we brought down the tone as I parked  up my Qashqai covered in bird poo! The girls had a fabulous time and for once stopped their arguments, running battle and goading each other enough to enjoy each others company for a short while, even squeezing in some piggy backs as well!  We wore the dogs out with Marley tagging along and I have to say my feet are a bit weary too. Anna has had a weekend of mishaps and there is barley an area on her legs that does not have scratches and grazes on, this time falling off a log into a puddle! Filthy, she skulked into the tearooms, looking like a street urchin from Victorian times, wet and muddy and then ordered some posh lemonade and a croissant! Preparation for Paris in October. I suppose we really ought to warn the citizens of Paris that my children are coming, it would only be the polite thing to do...

No comments: