Tuesday 10 May 2016

First we break out the ice cream and then...

We break out the blankets! Last week was unseasonably roasting and it was lovely to get out with the girls after school, hit the park and enjoy the sunshine. The weekend got even hotter and we quickly exploited the season of eating outside as a family and hitting the slabbage! A slight spanner in the works came in the form of the weather today dipping by around ten degrees and I am sitting here with a blanket on my legs and slightly cold. The real reason for my post is not small talk about the weather. I find myself with a parental moral dilemma. Lucy has requested that she does not go to after school club next year and asked whether it can be considered if she can come home after school on her own. I am torn with this. I know she is ready and is growing up, I am struggling to let go and only keep churning around in my head reasons to not agree and not looking at why this would be good for her and allow her to take the next step on the ladder to an adult. I just don't want to let go, if I am honest. My baby girl is growing up and I cannot stop the sands of time. I wish I could. I do also have the concern that she will sit on her backside and do nothing but watch television and play on her IPod! So if I agree there will have to be strict conditions in place, jobs and homework to do and some extra reading done for me to even come close. Negotiations continue and all terms will be considered...

No comments: