Sunday 12 June 2016

All that hard work paid off....

After months of mismatched games, playing better teams, getting tonked and the misery of constantly picking the ball out of the net, Anna's team really started to gel at the end of the season and become competitive and cohesive as a team. Anna (biased dad) shone through with crunching tackles, last ditch defending on the line and out muscling boys twice as physically strong as her and finally got her reward. At the end of season presentation she picked up the 'Players Player of the Season' award and well deserved if I do say so myself. To say she was pleased would be an understatement. I had tears in my eyes, slightly on the quiet, as I was not sure how those around me would react if they saw me a dribbling wreck! I am really proud of Anna and her determination and resilience to defend her goal at all costs, keep her head held high when loosing and hard work in developing her game and to get recognition from all the other players was fabulous. Well done Wiggle - looking forward to watching you next season x

No comments: