Wednesday 27 July 2016

Blimey, it's busy already!

School's out for summer and the holidays are upon us! It has been nearly a week since the girls broke up and I am not sure our feet have touched the ground. Every day has been filled to the max and Amy and I are already shattered! Amy had to spend the first day of the holidays in school finishing off her workload, not to mention a trip to the school in the middle of the night and setting off the alarms (that is another story entirely!). I am still working and rushing like mad to get things done ready for some time off next week. Anna has been at football camp all week, Lucy is preparing for guide camp next week. In between we have had days out at Pensthorpe, friends over for tea, Uncle Matt and family are back from Abu Dhabi, Auntie Kate's birthday celebrations and we even squeezed in  another day fossil hunting on which Anna managed to bag 112 belemnites! It is so hectic when you are this popular socially! I am wondering how we can keep up this pace for six weeks, only time will tell. The girls are chilling with a daily lie in - they deserve this break after all their hard work last term - watching films, having long walks in the sunshine with the dog, they have taken up the library 'read a book a week' challenge and kicked this off this evening - so a busy rest! Looking forward to time off with my clan next week and my birthday. The one sad thing is that Lucy is away and I wish she could be with me on my birthday. This is how it is going to be as time goes by, so I better to used to it and man up...

No comments: