Friday 1 July 2016

The world is not ready for Anna and the need for speed...

Happy birthday to my darling baby girl. Eight years ago today I nervously held you in my arms, if I am honest I was almost immediately struggling with the concept of having two children and how I was wrong. Anna and Lucy are the gift that just keeps giving. I have not seen much of Wiggle on her birthday today as school and work got in the way, but this evening we have celebrated in the only way the Hammonds know and gone out and eaten loads with Granny, Grandpa and Libby at the Thai. Anna has revelled and delighted in her birthday, grinning from ear to ear and declaring 'its the best birthday ever'. A free flow of presents including a go-cart (peddle powered I hasten to add, as the world is not ready for Anna in anything powered by a real engine capable of much speed, its hard enough to keep up with her now!) has come her way. The cash from family and friends has just kept coming, as she has wracked up £75 to spend on anything football or Stars Wars related, which seems to be her given choices at the moment. I always love sharing birthday memories with the girls and their special days and today was no different. Day two tomorrow as we have a house full of very noisy and excitable children for her party - now already affectionately known as the 'Wiggle Olympics'. Not quite as excited by the prospect of this, but I have just got to go with the flow. Once again, Happy Birthday Anna - you light up my life and that of all you come across (when you are not arguing). Special mention for Lucy, who today has dealt with and handled the sibling birthday challenge with grace and decorum. Love Dad xx

No comments: