Thursday 4 August 2016

And the trophys keep rolling in....

The week of my forty second birthday has been rich with bounty for the Hammonds in the form of rosettes and trophies galore! Inky won third place in the 'child's best friend' category and fifth in the 'dog most like owner' category at the Narborough fair dog section last weekend. It may have taken some seriously fictitious discussion by the girls with the judges, but who cares! I managed to get my name on the 'Sylvia trophy' family golf tournament in sharing joint first place with Uncle Stu with both some outstanding and at times shocking golf! More bounty came my way on Tuesday in the form of some lovely presents including a portrait of Amy, a very posh umbrella and some great time spent with  very old friends on my birthday. Lucy has been away for most of the week at guide camp and I cannot tell you how much I have missed her. It was great to pick her up today, she did not even let me get out of the car before she jumped me and gave me a 'never let me go' hug. Best part of the whole week, without a doubt. You can take all the trophies in the world back, just give me a hug and time with my girls and I am happy for eternity (maybe with a bit of football and Mrs Hammond thrown in as well!) Been a bit skint of late, but in those few seconds of that hug I realised I am rich beyond words...

No comments: