Sunday 18 September 2016

Second best is a great place to be...

Now fully back into the swing of the school, clubs, busy days and activities coming from all sides (loosely translated Mrs Hammond and I are flying by the seat of out pants and already exhausted). It has been a week where the girls in one view have come second best, in my view they are very much winners. Lucy is now vice captain of her house at school and a 'second' in her guide patrol. Anna and her team got tonked yesterday in their first game of the season. I did not watch a heavy defeat, I saw my girl and her friends play a team that were always going to beat them hands down with courage, energy and really grow into the game. Anna at one time taking a very fast ball in the face to block a shot. She looked very assured and really growing in confidence and awareness on the pitch. For Lucy in particular these achievements and recognitions of her hard work, enthusiasm and tenacity are another boost for her fragile confidence and once again I could not be more proud as she undertakes roles that help people and perhaps a little bit of bossing around as well! She even made Amy and I a cup of tea the other day. Amy says she thinks we may just have a year six 'grown up girl' on our hands now. Mrs Hammond maybe right. Keep up the good efforts girls, regardless of the outcome...

No comments: