Saturday 24 September 2016

Desperate to share this experience with her..

The weeks have passed, the days have all rolled into one and I am gutted that I am yet to watch Anna train at the Norwich academy. Amy reports that she is doing well and Lucy shrugs her shoulders at me when she comes back, with football not really being her thing and finding it understandably hard to muster any enthusiasm, having had a long day. If I am honest, I am feeling a little downhearted about it and feel I am letting Anna down. Work, which is quite busy, has been a stubborn obstacle in preventing me getting to any session on a Tuesday evening as yet. Not fair really, after all, I am by far the most qualified Hammond to take her and meet all the criteria - I am football mad, I understand the game, I love watching Wiggle and I am sure Amy and Lucy would probably pay me to go with Anna if they could! At the moment, until I watch her train at this different level, I am not quite able to celebrate her success in being accepted and watch her learn and develop until I have shared the experience with her, if that makes sense. I love watching Anna do something we are potty about! Yes, I am fulfilling my dreams vicariously through my children. I am building up quite a bank of special footballing memories with my youngest daughter and I am bursting to add this next one. Give me a few weeks and I think I have a spare Tuesday to share with Anna. We do have to stick together as we approach October and the month of the birthdays when the focus shift towards the older ladies (no offence intended) in the Hammond house. It will be painfully hard but I suppose we better let football take a back seat for 'that' week, if only for a couple of days. It's not really a big or special birthday Mrs Hammond is it?

No comments: