Friday 9 December 2016

I need to train them to read the signs...

The past few weeks I have discovered a characteristic that I am yet to teach my girls and one that will need when growing up; it may even do me a few favours as I slow down and get older. One that I have a duty to pass on and instruct into the moral fibre of both my offspring. I must ensure the girls to  learn to honestly point out to their father when he thinks he has had a good idea and it may not be!  As far as I am concerned they can do this in all their sarcastic glory and tell me straight from now on. I am quite exhausted. About two weeks ago I decided, literally overnight, in all my wisdom, that we needed to begin reconfiguring and redecorating the whole house. I considered at the time, that we were, in my impractical head, not maximising the space we had as a family. A declutter was in order and 'sensible' me thought it would be good to start this process in the lead up to and countdown to Christmas. I think piercing my eyelids with needles would have been more sensible. So I started this process, created chaos and have managed to finish the living room and dining room in two weeks. Just waiting for one bit of furniture and done. As I bask in my glory, I am yet to consider sorting out the Christmas tree, what we have on in the holidays, discos, school plays, work commitments, shopping and general mayhem of the festive season and next week I am considering starting on the hallway. I am obsessed and have the constant drive to continue with what I have started. Girls, if you are thinking of saying something stop me now as I may be slightly out of control! Ah what do you care, as long as Santa delivers and you get to party with your mates at the school disco, all will be fine. Please point out if you think your father is bonkers! It  may just save me as we edge closer to the holidays, just a thought......

No comments: