Monday 19 December 2016

Arriving at a crossroads....

I can only say that we have all stumbled across the finish line at the end of term, marginally intact with energy levels low and having completed a very long term, now to look forward to the festive period and a well earned break for all of us. I just need to finish up work by the end of the week, Anna to get over the stinking cold she currently has and Lucy and Amy just need quiet time and to relax. Move this all into position, with Christmas around the corner and we will be just fine. The house is still in chaos as we now have started work on the hallway and we have taken the decision not to have a Christmas tree as there is quite simply no room, so we are lacking a bit of festive spirit at present. I must add that both girls covered themselves in glory with a good behaviour award and badge from school before they finished - the only weary comment that Amy and I could come up with was a sarcastic one in that 'shame they can't be so well behaved at home!' Only kidding - we did shower them with praise and congratulations. Amidst all this chaos and busy lifestyle, I have noticed a new element of Lucy's character developing, her conversation and stature is growing and at times it is like speaking with a grown up with sophisticated wit and analysis. We sat at tea this evening exchanging banter and talking, at one point, she definitely had the better of me in terms of comical insults until I pulled it back from the brink! She will be quite the adult sparing partner in the future. Until then I will enjoy my victories!

No comments: