Friday 10 February 2017

Sporting prowess just like their dad!

Anna has made it to the Norfolk schools cross country finals today, sadly I cannot make it as I am stuck at home with the carpet fitters and waiting for deliveries. She left this morning full of both excitement and nerves. She is a live wire and full of boundless energy and I am sure she will do well. Granny and grandpa have gone to watch, so we expectedly anticipate a full report of her sporting excellence! Lucy, not known for her sporting achievements (except her beautiful and elegant swimming style) has joined a Monday night fitness club in an attempt to change her culture a bit and she is doing so well. I was lucky enough to watch her on Monday night play basket ball and I was both proud and impressed. Her pass and movement skills were exceptional and her hard work to find the space on the court was very intuitive. I know it is my job to praise and big up my kids and I am always realistic in what they achieve. I try to understand what a small victory means to them. Lucy came off that court energised, full of self esteem and a feeling of real success. Sport and the skills associated with it does not always come naturally. For Anna it does, Lucy has to work hard and graft. Proud of you both for every small or big thing you achieve. For me, it is always the effort that counts...

No comments: