Sunday 29 January 2017

Actively going about our business...

I often say it, but life can be quite uneventful and a routine can sometimes kick in. School, work, clubs, mealtimes, walk the dog and go again. This is our family cycle at the moment. Then you take step back and think about things that have happened in recent weeks and actually some stuff has happened that deserves a bit of a round of applause. Achievements,  that truly demonstrates the Hammonds going above and beyond the confines of our routine. Mrs Hammond started the last year of her masters, both girls had cracking parents evenings (still we get feedback about them being slightly distracted and over enthusiast though!), Anna represented her school at the Norfolk schools swimming gala, Lucy got moved up to the 'elite' group at her swimming on Wednesday and I am mastering regular visits to London and back in a day! Maybe these achievements  are  not eye popping or jaw dropping in the grand scheme of things, but set in amongst everything that we have to get through in any given day as a family, to me are pretty special. Well done my girls and great to see the fruits of your hard work coming of fruition. We may not ever invent anything ground breaking or cure an illness, but we get through much. In describing us, you would probably not use the words 'trendy, cool or a model family' for example, but I would definitely go as far as saying we are an 'active' 'hard working' and 'busy' family. Amy and I, both have busy and demanding jobs that help others and that makes me really proud too. I would be quite happy for my girls to go under the radar a bit, achieve much in an understated way in what ever they choose to do in their working lives. No need to strive for fame girls (unless you fancy scoring the winning goal at Wembley Anna!), it is a world and life without morals or backbone. I would much rather see you contribute to society and quietly go about your business in both a remarkable and unremarkable way. P.S - not many pictures of Anna recently as she has become extremely camera shy unless it is a slightly vain selfie on her mothers IPad. Don't worry Wiggle I will catch you unaware soon! You do not escape me....

No comments: