Saturday 4 March 2017

One happy girl!

And one happy Dad! At the risk of boring everybody senseless I am afraid I am going to have to talk about Anna and football again. I know, don't say a word. However, there has always been something that has pulled at my heart strings and that is the plight of the underdog. Nothing more satisfying in the world than to keep working hard and improve. Anna's team lost 3-2 today to a team that completely thrashed them the last time they played (I mean 16-0 kind of thrashing). It is all coming together. Anna and the boys are playing as a team and it really does show in the last two games. I am certain that Anna and her defensive colleague have left both physical and emotional scars on the opposition. They played the game of their lives! I would have to unequivocally say that the underdog is now biting back. I can smell their first victory looming around the corner. When it comes, all that hard work, all the tears and frustration will flood away. One reason and one reason only, never giving up! A great life lesson and one to applaud. I personally can't wait and I know it will be an emotional moment for all the parents of the kids on the team and one to cherish. Fingers and just about everything else crossed...

No comments: