Friday 24 March 2017

Thinking of others....

I was really impressed with Lucy this morning. As she got dressed for the days Red Nose Day fun at school, she was clearly reflecting on why it is important to think of others and recognise how fortunate we are. She told me that a couple of pounds is not really that important to us and for the price of a bag of sweets we could change people lives. However, I am not sure that all her motives were altruistic backing up her well valued statements this morning, as she is clearly quite liking this years 'range' of red noses and was hoping if I gave her loads of money to buy some more, a limited addition Frankenstein nose might come her way! Never the less, the discussion we had about helping others and raising money for good causes, gave me hope that we are doing something right in the parenting department and installing some good basic values in our girls. The urge to spend as much of my money possible on comedy noses aside, I really did think she got it and wanted to help. Anna joined in as well and her generosity shone through, offering to give her only spare pound to charity today. Then it all fell apart and got competitive, as the conversation disintegrated into a sister argument about what the best red nose was. Oh well, you can't win them all!

No comments: