Sunday 16 July 2017

The next phase.....

Things move quickly in my house, sometimes at a pace that I can't keep up with or fathom. Every week brings a frightening parental realisation that one of my children growing up faster than I can cope with. This weekend bore the advent of Lucy getting her ears pierced. She chose an understated and plain, yet slightly sparkly stud, which I have to say appeals to me, as I was not sure I am quite ready for the arrival of dangly earing bling just yet! She looked lovely and is very chuffed indeed. This was followed by shopping and spending of her SATS pennies(all over a hundred); this is where my level of parental concern goes up to critical levels as my eldest daughter now enjoys window shopping and this could cost me some serious money in the coming years! They look great Lucy and as much as I whinge and moan, I  love watching you grow up and the person you are becoming. I nearly fell off my chair this week when she asked me 'if there was anything she could do to help with the housework!' I have taught her well and am finally reaping the rewards of all my nagging. Her first week of the academy has gone brilliantly and she is loving every minute of it, with no fear or hiccups so far....

No comments: