Friday 8 September 2017

On the brink of new horizons....

The summer holidays have finished and team Hammond is back to the grind. None of us are really seeing it as a negative as we all really do benefit from the routine and the structure, as much as we resist it. The girls really do love school, learning and spending time with her friends. Lucy, looking sparkling in her new uniform, headed off to her first day at the academy. I was gutted I was away and not able to send her off and wish her well. It doesn't feel quite the same sending a text message. I am so proud of her and she had a great day. She has timetables, structure and all the things that excite Lucy, that would not float my boat but it does her. Anna, sporting her new haircut and a bit nervous about other peoples perception of her  also had a cracking first day back. She is anxious as she is in a different school to her sister, but all seems to have gone well. Mrs Hammond has had the week of her life. I cannot say enough how proud of her I am, I have been like an excited child and wanted to sing this from the rooftops. One piece of good news and success I cannot reveal yet and on top of this, she has only gone and passed her Masters! Keep this going Amy and you will have a long list of letters after your name, makes me look quite insignificant. Richly deserved after all her hard work. Sometimes lacking in confidence, I hope this week has shown her how much she is worth and how good she really is at what she does, this is before we talk about how amazing a parent she is. There is reason for all the Hammonds to be confident, we all work hard and put the effort in. Surely good things, success and reward come from this. Keep up the graft team Hammond..

No comments: