Sunday 27 August 2017

A bold and well thought out move...

We are home now and having spent the day washing clothes, doing the garden and settling back in, I can take stock and reflect on what was a truly lovely holiday and time with Amy and the girls. If Cornwall will have us again, I am sure the family Hammond will be back again some time in the coming years. A beautiful place, lovely kind and generous people and great fun. A place where you can eat cake for lunch has to be a great place for a holiday! Could have done with some better weather, if I am honest! It was so relaxing, calmed my head down after such busy times and gave me such a wonderful opportunity to spend time with my wife and children. My favourite day was our traditional visit to a theme park for rides and tat. Can't beat time with my rollercoaster buddies. Chasing the sunshine abroad next year and Amy has already booked us a holiday to Corfu! I would love one more family holiday in Cornwall before the girls get too old and bored to come away with us and create some more special memories though. 
Look up and you can spot Anna's new daring hair doo! After several days of debate and worry about whether it was the right thing to do, what people would think of her, she only went and did it! Alongside her mother and a very posh stylist she has created the hairstyle that keeps giving. She is cool, casual, chic and a little bit daring all in one. We love it Wiggle and it is definitely something you should have done ages ago. We know she has been secretly thinking about it for some time and I am delighted she had the courage to do something so bold. It was so obvious how important this was to her and she had given it so much thought. I almost didn't recognise her in a shop immediately after! Amy did so much to support her in looking at hairstyles on the internet and helping her choose. I was a bit frightened of the whole situation, if I am honest and anxious about how it would look and how Anna might be perceived, that I forgot the most important thing a parent should do. Allow their children to be themselves and explore who they are. Sorry Wiggle, for doubting you, your hair looks beautiful, as do you...

No comments: