Wednesday 3 January 2018

Resolutions that I must make stick!

Another year of family life has flown by and we dive into another full of hope and expectation. This New Years eve, the Hammond family broke with tradition and our usual level of social ineptness and actually stayed the course and saw the New year in! Getting home  at around 2am, having had the most wonderful time as guests at our friends Sophie and Jo's house with great food, fireworks, toasting marshmallows on the fire, meeting new people and even a bit of low level partying. All right, we are all paying for it now as we are usually all in our PJ's by 8pm! I love my family, beyond words, but we do get caught up in the mechanics of life and routine and sometimes do not make time for each other as much as we could, me probably the most. I take life too seriously and forget at times, just to spend time with Amy and the girls enjoying ourselves.  Amy and I focus so much on parenting and providing the girls with all they need, love and support, that we often forget our marriage and time to be with each other. So girls, the message is clear, I am going to find as many baby sitters as possible and palm you off to them for the whole of 2018, so your mother and I can spend more time together. Just kidding! Although this is important and I especially need to make the effort to find time with Amy and simply be together. So this is my resolution this year and one I fully intend to stick to. Don't feel at all like I saw enough of Amy last year as my wife, not a fellow parent and this is something I want to change moving forwards. Spending time with the girls is always great, such as taking Lucy to her first competitive game at Carrow Road and we won, but spending time with Amy is what makes me tick. Happy New Year to my family and can't wait for the adventures this year may bring! xx

No comments: