Wednesday 27 December 2017

Grandma's first selfie!

The Christmas festivities have simply flown by. Full of excitement, lots of food (so much food), time with loved ones and friends and so very, very relaxed with not a stressful minute at all. I perhaps could have done without Anna waking up at 4am on Christmas day, but you can't have it all! A special time that has created more family memories; Lucy's emotional reaction and pure joy at receiving a unicorn onesie and new rose gold converse trainers was worth the entrance fee alone. We have a new addition to the Hammond household in 'Snuggles' the elf, who has graciously been allowed to stay with us all year by Santa, much to Anna's delight. The girls had so much swag, it was hard to keep up and I received a present to treasure in an engraved bracelet with the girls names on and our wedding date. I tried hard not to hold back the tears, as I always seem to cry on these kind of occasions.  Amy, Libby and big Lucy cooked some wonderful meals and I have eaten till I could pop for the last three days. Diet must start next week. Boxing day finished off next door and Libby generously invited Grandma and Joan for posh afternoon tea. It was wonderful to see her do something different and Amy even managed to coerce her into a selfie. Not many pictures of Grandma around, so one to treasure and enjoy. A simple, wonderful family Christmas that suits me down to a tee with no fuss, just great company. Merry Christmas to my family, eclectic and diverse as it may be, I love you all and feel truly blessed xx

No comments: