Tuesday 13 February 2018

Appreciating what I have...

'I can only be honest and say I am feeling a little bit overwhelmed and glum today. I am working away from home, its half term and I am very busy all week and I feel detached from Amy and the girls at a time when I most need to be with them. With Grandma in hospital and quite poorly at the moment, I am not able to visit her either as much as I would wish  and I am feeling guilty and questioning my priorities. I have continued with my work this week, as my main role in the house is as a provider, sometimes my feelings can easily contradict this, but I can't earn enough money to keep a roof over our heads by being at home. I have this argument with myself on many an occasion and never really come out with a balanced solution. It is true, since I became self-employed, I definitely have more family time and am at home more, but I just sometimes get ill timed periods when I am stacked up and this week is one of them. My most treasured possession reminds me of why I work so hard, who will most benefit and my role in looking after my family. Amy and the girls bought and made me at Christmas, a bracelet with 'Wiggle', Looby Chick', their dates of birth and our wedding date on it. Now whenever I feel not quite right, a bit low and I am not with my family. I touch it, think of what is important, take a deep breath and carry on. I am privileged to have what I have in my life and that comes from holding fast, doing the right thing and working hard. Today was not a good day, but I go again tomorrow with my bracelet on and my family supporting and behind me. Not a bad place to be in really..

No comments: