Tuesday 3 April 2018

Just call me 'Sir' Daddy!

Just got home from a really lovely weekend away as a family in Lincoln doing Hammond things such as museums, mosaics, castles, coffee and shopping (maybe slightly less shopping next time please). The weather was bloody awful but we soldiered on and spent some quality time together. Only rain, ill health - several colds still in the family after a few weeks and perhaps too much time together in a confined space in the hotel room blighted the weekend! I really enjoyed the simple things such as the meals out, playing cards with a coffee and taking the time away from the gadgets, phones and work pressures and simply talking (breakfast with Lucy on both days being an unexpected treat, just me and her). Loved the castle, although slightly scared of the volunteer/actor who called me 'Sir' Daddy - all a bit over the top and creepy! Loved Lucy's battle face, if ever there was a girl who meant business armed with a sword and shield it was her! The whole weekend cost me an arm and a leg, but as ever it was worth it and I add it to my family memory banks of great experiences and time with my three girls. Back to work tomorrow, even though the school holidays are still continuing. Next weekend away already being planned, October London birthday weekends. Now that will cost a bomb! x

No comments: